NOTE: If you choose to go in-person for mentorship travel expenses are not included. More details will be provided about in-person mentorship when dates are announced.
Practice Everywhere 200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training is a course that helps experienced students of flow-based practices learn the skills they need to lead successful, impactful, and inspirational classes.
The leaders of this course are Julia Lopez and Suzie Mills. Collectively they have over 35 years of practice, and a collective 21 years of experience leading classes, studios, and trainings centered on the topic of Vinyasa Yoga, movement, and meditation. Both Julia and Suzie have years of experience as Yoga Alliance approved instructors, continued education providers, and directors of Registered Yoga Schools.
Every training round also is supported by guest experts on the topics of Yoga Diversity & Equity, Advanced Topics in Human Movement, and Yoga & the Brain.
What You Can Do With Your Training
Past graduates of Practice Everywhere’s 200 Hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training have gone on to teach in studios, lead their own workshops and trainings, host retreats, and integrate the lessons from the training into their professions in offices, school, medical and therapeutic settings.
Who Excels In This Program
Students who embark on learning with this 200 hour course will get back what they put in. Guidance is ample, and personal responsibility to consider and apply the content is mandatory for a bigger and more impactful experience.
It is recommended that those who enroll in this course have
- an interest specifically in learning more about vinyasa (flow) style movement practices,
- have a minimum of 2 years experience consistently practicing yoga and meditation,
- can dedicate 2-3 hours per week to the personal practice,
- and feel comfortable self-directing their own learning and study dedicating approximately 20 hours per month for the next 10 months to finish their training.
Diversity & Equity Scholarship
There is still much work that needs to be done to ensure greater access and equity in representation within the yoga and wellness landscape in America. One step in increasing equity within the industry is elevating opportunities and access for People of Color and those within the LGBTQIA communities to receive training. Every year Suzie & Julia reserve (1) spot in training for a full scholarship and (1) spot for a partial scholarship. Those interested in applying for this scholarship should send their 700-100 word letter of intent to both julia@practiceeverywhere & email@example.com at least 45 days prior to training. Scholarship recipients will be notified 30 days prior to training start.
Curriculum is divided in to the following segments
60% Synchronous & Online (Modules)
20% Synchronous & In-Person OR Online (Mentorship)
20% Asynchronous (Video, Reading, Homework, Quizzes)
Practice Everywhere Foundations
- Practice Everywhere Principles of Teaching
- Yoga Philosophy & The 8 Limb Path
- Poses of Practice Everywhere Flow
- Anatomy & Human Movement for Movement Professionals
- Pranayama & Understanding Energy
- Meditation & The Mind
- Yoga & Community
- Programming and Sequencing
Practice Everywhere Practical Application & Mentorship
- Teaching Mentorship
- Practice (and more practice!)
Practice Everywhere Teaching Techniques & Methodology
- Training Private Clients
- Propping, Modifications, & Progressions
- Working With Individuals
- Ethical Considerations for Yoga Teachers
- Professional Development
- Finding Your Voice
- Graduation Capstone Class & Exam
A list of required reading will be sent to you after enrollment.
CODE OF CONDUCT
We follow a code of conduct in accordance with Yoga Alliance, which can be found here: https://www.yogaalliance.org/AboutYA/OurPolicies/CodeofConduct
Terms & Considerations
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of training completion
- Attendance of over 85% is necessary for successful graduation
- Adherence to P.E.'s code of conduct will be required of all trainees
PAYMENT OPTIONS / PLANS
If you would like to pay in installments use Shop Pay which is the purple Shop Pay icon at checkout. You can choose up to 4 installments.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.